During a news conference in Iraq on December 14, 2008, an angry Iraqi journalist stood up and threw his shoes at George W. Bush. Bush completely dodged out of the way so both shoes missed hitting him completely.
Pretty shocking, I will admit. But it looks like the person who took down the angry journalist wasn’t part of either security team, but merely a fellow member of the press. Bush’s security team looks almost unprepared and slow to react.
Here Are a few Fast Facts
1. Size 10 shoes1
2. Bush ducked to avoid the first shoe, but the second shoe almost hit him1
3. Happened during a press conference with Iraqi President Nouri al-Maliki
4. Nouri al-Maliki attempted to shield Bush from the shoes1
5. Shoe was thrown by Muntazer al-Zaidi, a journalist based out of Cairo, Egypt2
6. Al-Zaidi worked for the Al-Baghdadia channel2
7. Al-Zaidi was forcibly removed from the office after the incident2
8. Happened during Bush’s fourth trip to Iraq1
9. Bush was discussing Iraq security pact2
Mahalo.com can be useful after all.